Sunday, September 30, 2012 a final victory by SunTrust Racing in the season finale at Lime Rock Park captured the championship-winning effort by five Corvette Daytona Prototype teams. Team Chevy’s Corvette DP teams and drivers won eight of the 13 races in the 2012 season. Engines for the all the Chevrolet Corvette Daytona Prototype teams come from Earnhardt Childress Racing. Technical support comes from Pratt and Miller as well as GM Racing Powertrain.
Chevrolet Racing will return to GRAND-AM competition in 2013 beginning with the 51st running of the Rolex 24 Hour at Daytona International Speedway on January 26-27, 2013.
2012 CORVETTE DAYTONA PROTOTYPE RACE WINS:
· Barber Motorsports Park – Spirit of Daytona Racing
· Homestead-Miami Speedway – SunTrust Racing
· New Jersey Motorsports Park – SunTrust Racing
· Streets of Belle Isle-Detroit – No. 9 Action Express Racing
· Mid Ohio Sports Car Course – Spirit of Daytona Racing
· Watkins Glen International – No. 9 Action Express Racing
· Laguna Seca Raceway – Spirit of Daytona Racing
· Lime Rock Park – SunTrust Racing